POLTAVA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, UKRAINE
- The university is Ukraine’s Government Universities.
- Universities have tie up with universities in Europe and students go for training in countries like Sweden, Poland and Spain.
- Students are taught in group of 8-10 which allows students to have focussed teaching.
- It takes less than 25 minutes from KMU and 2.5 hours from PSMU to reach to the airport which makes it very commutable.
- University have in house campus and hostel which are secured and guarded by the wardens for security.
- There is a quality check exam by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine every 3rd and 6th year to make sure that the students are getting the high standard education.
- International coordinators from different countries like India and Nigeria are there to provide help and support to the students.
- Already many students of these universities have delivered successful graduates who are now working in renowned hospitals in India and abroad
Watch this video https://youtu.be/
Poltava is a city located on the Vorskla River in central Ukraine. It is the administrative center of the Poltava Oblast (province), as well as the surrounding Poltava Raion (district) of the oblast. Poltava‘s estimated population is 296,760 (as of 2013).
Poltava has always been one of the most important science and education centres in Ukraine. Poltava Ukrainian Medical & Stomatological Academy (abbreviated as UMSA) is a leading state higher education institution in training physicians and dentists. The academy started its activity in 1921 as the Odontologic faculty of the Kharkiv Medical Academy. In 1967 the institute was transferred to the city of Poltavaand renamed as the Poltava Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Institute, which in 1994 was granted the highest six accreditation level and the status of the PoltavaState Medical University. Its accreditation level IV was confirmed in 2004.
Campuses and buildings
The Academy is state of the art, aesthetically pleasing, has 16 buildings as its assets, including 5 academic buildings, four dormitories, household enclosures, vivarium, hangars, as well as library, reading rooms, sports complex, dining room, cafe, health and sports camp. PSMU trains specialists in six faculties and a preparatory department.
PSMU trains specialists along the following education/qualification levels: Junior specialists, specialists, Masters for the following specialties:
- General Medicine (6 years)
- Pediatrics (6 years)
- Stomatology (Dentistry) (5 years)
- Pharmacy (5 years)
- Medical Nursing (2 years)
- Orthopedic Stomatology (2 years)
USP of Poltava National Medical University:
- There are 3500 students studying at PSMU, including 729 international students from 39 countries.
- There are General Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy and Stomatological (Dentistry) faculties, the Preparatory Faculty for international students training, the Postgraduate Faculty and the preparatory training course department.
- A medical college, training bachelors and junior specialists, has been founded based on the PSMU.
- 56 chairs, including 9 leading ones, function at the PUMSA Clinical and consulting work is carried out at 35 clinical chairs of the PSMU, located at the best regional and city medical establishments of Poltava.
- The scientific potential of the PUMSA is represented by 82 Doctors of Medical Science, 316 Candidates of Science, 75 Professors, 174 assistant professors, 2 winners of the Ukrainian State Prize, 8 Honoured Science and Technology workers of Ukraine, 6 Honoured Physicians of Ukraine.